Salary: c. £43k plus benefits. Closes 22 October 2023.
The University of Manchester Innovation Factory (“UoMIF”) is the University of Manchester’s subsidiary responsible for identifying and leading the commercialisation of its innovations and intellectual property.
The University of Manchester is committed to generating world-class innovation that will create major social and economic benefit across the globe. The UoMIF collaborates with academic inventors from the University to identify opportunities that have the potential to create social and economic impact. It then translates these into a form where they can be used by industry and society as a whole. Access to innovations may be created via technology licensing or the formation of spin-out companies. The UoMIF aims to provide a world-class service to academic colleagues and to attract and engage with important external stakeholders including industry; entrepreneurs; licensors and investors; and corporate venture partners.
As part of our objective to become the world’s most effective University Technology Transfer organisation, we are looking to appoint a talented Business Analyst Manager to complement our Business Analytics team, within the Computer Science discipline.
We are searching for a dynamic Business Analytics Manager who possesses scientific experience within the field of Computer Science, plus exposure to working in an innovative and commercial environment.
- In the main, the successful candidate will be responsible for undertaking assessments of market opportunities, customer identification, collating feedback and providing detailed scientific analysis of data to determine the strengths, weaknesses, and threats to these market opportunities.
- An element of this role is also to complete Project Plans in collaboration with the Investment & Licensing Manager with a view to progressing opportunities.
- Experience in IP management would be advantageous, namely experience developing commercial focused IP strategies and managing the IP asset to achieve commercial goals.
- Reporting to the Head of Business Analytics, this Business Analytics Manager is also required to identify potential lead investors for spin out opportunities and/or commercial partners as licensees, compiling profiles of targets and gathering initial feedback where appropriate.
- The Business Analytics Manager would also be expected to introduce early-stage opportunities to Northern Gritstone, gathering and acting on feedback when necessary.
- It is essential that the successful candidate for this role possesses a degree or similar level 6 qualification (England, Wales, and N. Ireland Qualification levels). A post graduate qualification in a business-related discipline would also be advantageous.
This is an exciting time to join the UoMIF as we strive to become the number one University Technology Transfer organisation. As such, we are offering an excellent salary and benefits as well as a genuine opportunity to develop your skills and career within a globally respected organisation.
To apply please send an up to date CV and cover note to email@example.com – the same email can be used for any queries too.