Salary: c. £70-80k plus commission & benefits. Closes on 4th December 2022.
The University of Manchester Innovation Factory (“UoMIF”) is the University of Manchester’s subsidiary responsible for identifying and leading the commercialisation of its innovations and intellectual property.
The University of Manchester is committed to generating world-class innovation that will create major social economic and environmental benefit across the globe. The UoMIF works with academic inventors from the University to identify opportunities that have the potential to create social and economic impact. It then translates these into a form where they can be used by industry and society as a whole. Access to innovations may be created via technology licensing or the formation of spin-out companies. The UoMIF aims to provide a world-class service to academic colleagues and to attract and engage with important external stakeholders including industry; entrepreneurs; licensors and investors; and corporate venture partners.
As part of our objective to become the world’s most effective University Technology Transfer organisation, we are looking to appoint a talented and proven Head of Business Development, Investment & Licensing to complement our Life Science & Bio-Environment operations team.
We are searching for a dynamic entrepreneurial Head of BD,I & L to oversee the development of Business Plans for both licensing opportunities and new spin out companies with the field of Life Science.
The successful candidate will:
- A strong background in a discipline related to Life Sciences.
- Demonstrable experience of commercial deal-making specifically in the areas of IP licensing and investment
- A strong understanding of the processes required to successfully transact investment and licensing agreements.
- An ability to exploit new and existing global networks of potential investors and licensees.
- A good understanding of commercial contracts, specifically in the area of IP licensing and investment.
- The ability to negotiate and deliver high value, complex licensing, and investment deals.
- Proven experience working within a target driven business environment.
- An ability to develop and present commercially compelling business cases that maximizes deal
- Experience in presenting licensing and investment opportunities in a professional and compelling way to potential partners and investors
Reporting to the BD,I & L Director, this role is to ensure that the team are updating and maintaining all relevant datatbases of UK and international sources of investment finance, as well as developing strong relationships with key inventors and founders to ensure opportunities are “deal-ready”.
Candidates applying for this role must posses commercial management and leadership skills and have obtained a degree or similar level 6 qualification (England, Wales and N.Ireland Qualification levels) or equivalent.
This is an exciting time to join the UoMIF as we strive to become the number one University Technology Transfer organisation. As such, we are offering an excellent salary and benefits as well as a genuine opportunity to develop your skills and career within a globally respected organisation.
For further information regarding the role specification, or to apply please contact email@example.com.
When applying, please submit an up to date CV and cover letter expressing your suitability for the role.